Lift High the Cross (Hymn 277)
Lift high the cross, the love of Christ proclaim,
Till all the world adore His sacred name.
1. Come, Christians, follow where our Savior trod,
Our King victorious, Christ, the Son of God.
2. O Lord, once lifted on this glorious tree,
As Thou hast promised, draw men unto Thee.
3. For Thy blest cross which doth for all atone,
Creation’s praises rise before Thy throne.
4. So shall our song of triumph ever be:
Praise to the Crucified for victory!
Words: George W. Kitchin; alt. Michael R. Newbolt
Music: Sydney H. Nicholson
Hymnology was produced by Grace Productions in partnership with Hymns of Grace. Hymns of Grace exist to assist believers in their corporate and private worship of God. For more information about Hymns of Grace, visit: https://hymnsofgrace.com
Up Next in Season 1
I Heard the Voice of Jesus Say (Hymn ...
1. I heard the voice of Jesus say, “Come unto me and rest;
Lay down, O weary one, lay down your head upon my breast.”
I came to Jesus as I was, so weary, worn, and sad;
I found in Him a resting place, and He has made me glad.
2. I heard the voice of Jesus say, “Behold, I freely give
Love of God (Hymn 87)
1. Love of God, revealed in wonder by the works of a Maker’s hand;
Seas that roar with thund’rous splendor, fields that whisper at His command.
All the joys of life we cherish are God’s gracious sign:
We are children of His promise, heirs of mercy and grace divine.
Unfailing love from H...
When All Thy Mercies, O My God (Hymn 68)
When all Thy mercies, O my God,
My rising soul surveys,
Transported with the view, I’m lost
In wonder, love and praise.
To all my weak complaints and cries
Thy mercy lent an ear,
Ere yet my feeble thoughts had learned
To form themselves in prayer.
Unnumbered comforts to my soul
Thy tender care ...